web analytics

Newcastle Release Eddie Howe Interview Ahead Of The New Campaign

Newcastle have released the following 8-minute interview with head coach Eddie Howe ahead of the season opener against Nottingham Forest on Saturday.

Howe has had a full pre-season to implement his footballing philosophy this summer. While it’s still a work in progress, the early signs are promising as witnessed in the pre-season friendlies against Atalanta and Athletic Club.

The transfer window is still open with Howe vowing to continue to work to strengthen his squad. The transfer tally so far stands at three with the quality additions of Nick Pope and Sven Botman along with the return of Matt Targett on a permanent basis.

Howe is now settled with his family on Tyneside after being away from them last season while he implemented a minor miracle in keeping the club in the Premier League. The new season is almost upon us and Newcastle United are just getting started.

How Will Newcastle Do Against Nottingham Forest On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Assassins Inc

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:09 PM

Bus

• Assassins Inc

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:09 PM

Wake up Rom, WAKE UP.

• Mund

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:10 PM

CH

Howay mate he isn’t smart enough to work that out…

Bit of a thick one

• Assassins Inc

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:10 PM

Bus Move Butler.

Newcastle news, it has been reported that Lady GaGa and Beyoncé are on a list as potential signings.

The above story is probably more real than us going after Cornet.

Fcuking hack lazy ass Journos.

• Romford mag

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:11 PM

Assassins

Was just thinking of a funny comment to your post on the last thread mate !

Damn it 😉

• Assassins Inc

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:15 PM

I laid the trap Rom and had you stalled.

Muhahahahahahahaha

• Romford mag

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:16 PM

Oh you are good!!!

😆

• Ashingtoon62

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:18 PM

Arthur

Targett massively improves us,over the first half of last season cos we didn’t have him 😀

• SirBobbytheGreat

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:25 PM

I think Jamal Lewis needs to be given a chance. He’s better going forward than Targett. Has much more pace.

• Assassins Inc

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:26 PM

Honestly why are we wasting time on Maddison, if true of course.

Lucas is cheaper, I feel he could be as good as Maddison or possibly better.

My concern hinges on Wilson getting injured early and we only have Wood now Gayle has departed, now if both got injured we would have to rely on the younger players which can go 50/50.

This is a trend we really cannot afford to have fingers crossed.

• Scythe

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:26 PM

24 hours left to get your FPL team set up before the first deadline. If you haven’t joined yet, here’s the code for the main blog league: 3j4o9x

And here’s the link to set up a team:

Good news for non-FPL people, from this time tomorrow onwards you won’t see that bloody code mentioned again 😀

• Darnik

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:26 PM

Arthur
    Also had we not made it permanent we’d be weakened so I don’t get the logic of he was already here as he was only a loan who improved us enough to earn a deal, only my opinion of course

• coming home

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:28 PM

Assassins

That’s why I’m convinced we will sign a young forward we simply have to

• Darnik

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:28 PM

And yet more proof if needed, wind your neck in kets or at least try and post like a different person if pretending to be one

• Ashingtoon62

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:29 PM

coming home

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:08 PM

Ash

Come on man Mund posts things he has heard
    It’s up to the reader how they determine it, some of us are sane enough to interperate it and judge what we believe, its all about the toon

Jesus wept! I give up..

CH have a read back to see what you have just posted..
    You are agreeing with me that Mund is insane ffs!

I come on here to read news/debate about the Toon,not the inane ramblings of some narcissistic footing halfwit ffs!

Before the sycophants pile on,with the old cliche “skip his posts” it’s a bit tricky seeing that he’s on here 16hrs a fcuking day…

• Romford mag

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:31 PM

That young forward from Salzburg will do nicely 😉

• Assassins Inc

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:31 PM

Wow, you see Kets trying to get me banned on previous thread.

I’ve been on this blog as long as Kets has and have been the same person through out in my writing but because he got banned now he’s trying to use myself on his agenda.

Fcukong Mackems.

• Scythe

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:31 PM

‘SirBobbytheGreat’ (if that IS your real name (it isn’t))

Is Lewis really better at getting forward? And even if he is, is he better defensively on that side? Being a better defender is surely the main characteristic of a LB, not his ability pushing forward. I know in the modern game it’s a requirement for fullbacks to advance past the halfway line, but defending is their primary focus, and Targett is better at that than Lewis.

Immediate thought to myself after typing all of that… why did I bother replying to him?

• Mund

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:32 PM

Ash

Foot off then you daft old fart.

Nowt to do with what I post but everything to do with your dislike for me which has been apparent for years now.

Do you think regular contributors don’t see that…?

Your seriously muddled up fella

Either put up with it or do one as it’s not going to change

• Darnik

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:33 PM

Assassins
    Don’t worry about the idiot mate you’re a sensible respected poster whereas he’s a serial WUM with multiple personas

• Arthur Romsdale

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:33 PM

Ashingtoon62

These aren’t the Ashley days where making a loan permanent was considered improving on the previous year. We’re more than that now.

• Assassins Inc

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:35 PM

If we don’t sign Maddison, Lucas or another Striker, I’m blaming MUND.

• Harley

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:36 PM

Not fussed about Cornet at all. I wasn’t excited by the thought of him playing for us.

• coming home

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:36 PM

Ash

No mate I’m not agreeing shit I said he posts stuff and it’s interesting to me while it obviously gets your goat, I like reading everything toon related but I don’t believe everything neither does mund but he posts it for the benefit of others being a toon blog
    We can like it loath it or skip it but its not Munds problem with what you do with it

• Mund

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:38 PM

Assassins

Of course it is matey 😉

Should be in the rules of the coc…

• coming home

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:39 PM

Assasins

It’s definitely Munds fault if we don’t sign them
    😆

• Mund

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:39 PM

CH

He is a bitter old fart mate who is obviously missing his fluffing buddy and wants to take that out on me…

Let’s take a few moments for him…

• Arthur Romsdale

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:41 PM

Harley
    Agreed mate. I think we’ll end up with much better before DD.

• Assassins Inc

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:42 PM

Thanks Darnik,

Not worried about the Mackem Phantom Raspberry Blower of old Sunderland Town.

He was the same way back in the 2000’s, I used to laugh about all the tripe he came out with then.

• Darnik

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:44 PM

Assassins
    I’ve never found him funny, monotonous yes funny errr not for me

• IrishRob

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:44 PM

Mund you never responded there to me earlier what you were talking about, I was a bit lost bud?

• Mund

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:46 PM

Rob

I was joking about the fact you were surprised at some comments and thought they were funny and I said haven’t you been on the blog for a good while…? Meaning surely you know by now there’s a few nutters in here 😉

• magicmac54

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:46 PM

Ashingtoon 62

Ash thanks for that information about that other podcast Pod On The Tyne, i must check it out sometime mate cheers HWTL

• Assassins Inc

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:47 PM

New rule for the Coc.

If anything goes wrong within Newcastle United including and subject to charge, no striker, no creative midfielder signed, we lose a game, someone get injured.

It’s all down to Mundphys Law.

• Mund

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:47 PM

Assassins 😆

• IrishRob

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:53 PM

Ooh that lol.

• coming home

Aug 4, 2022 at 6:57 PM

Leicester were 5000/1 when they won the League
    We are 150/1 seventh favourites

Just saying

• theartfuldodger

Aug 4, 2022 at 7:02 PM

I think Pope, Burn (instead of Botman) and S Longstaff will start…The rest of the side picks itself.

• Toon fans bad

Aug 4, 2022 at 7:02 PM

Ref. Barcelona,

I remember reading about La Liga imposing a mandatory salary cap on their league. This subsequently led to Barcelona reaching agreements with specific players individually to defer their wages. I’m sure it said in DeJong’s case it will be paid to him over the remainder of his contract starting in October this year with 3% interest because of deferral.
    I don’t see this as the club refusing to pay wages as mentioned by Gary Neville on tw@tter.
    By all reports DeJong is happy at Barcelona as he refers to it as his dream club.
    Am I missing something here?

• Romford mag

Aug 4, 2022 at 7:04 PM

The deadline for FPL mate !! Get yerself in !
    😉