web analytics

Emerging Newcastle Superstar Talks About New Contract

19-year-old Elliot Anderson has impressed almost every time he has played for the Newcastle first team, and he needs to get a start in the Premier League sooner rather than later.

The Whitey Bay lad has been interviewed after signing a new long term contract at Newcastle, and he is delighted that his dream has come true.

Le’s hope that Elliott can now become the superstar Newcastle have been waiting to come through the ranks for far too long.

The teenager has the skill and the temperament to do just that, and he works hard in training and is keen to lean according to Newcastle’s head coach Eddie Howe.

Who could ask for anything more?

Howay The Lads!!

• Mund

Sep 22, 2022 at 7:30 AM

On this day in 1992 we signed one of our biggest legends and my first love of the toon Rob Lee.

He empathises what a true legend of the black and white is

Here is some Lee nostalgia

HWTL

• Nijmegen-toon

Sep 22, 2022 at 7:34 AM

Aren’t all these stadium concept designs just ones we’ve seen before but just given different names. Are they actually official or just done by graphic designer fans.

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Sep 22, 2022 at 8:02 AM

My wife and I are going to pool our resources. Good job, otherwise I would be snookered.

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Sep 22, 2022 at 8:05 AM

Just noticed in CoC

Comments on politics, religion, or controversial topics should be avoided

So no more VAR talk or you are OOT!

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Sep 22, 2022 at 8:05 AM

Also, the religion clause means you cannot talk about Toon! Or you are OOT!

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Sep 22, 2022 at 8:07 AM

Politics clause means you cannot talk about the slimy 6 nor the PFA or you are OOT!

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Sep 22, 2022 at 8:08 AM

that should kill the blog. Sir Pugalot, the deadly assassin.

• Ibizatoon

Sep 22, 2022 at 8:33 AM

Nobody feed or pet the pug. He’s working.

• WLtoon

Sep 22, 2022 at 8:49 AM

Morning all, just settled after my shift, these nights bloody kill me now.
    Glad to hear young Ando has signed a 4 year deal, i can`t remember a player with so much potential on our books since Gazza.
    He seems level headed, unlike another starlet, Nile Ranger, who totally screwed up his chances with a bad attitude, where is he now?

Haven`t seen Alan Foggon for a good while, i hope he is still in good fettle.

• snowdone

Sep 22, 2022 at 8:50 AM

I had the good fortune to see one of Robert Lee’s first games for us away at Peterborough. He played on the wing, but developed, as we know, into a box to box midfielder. Also, Stewart Barraclough was a blast from the past, who I enjoyed watching. Now he was a true winger, supplying Supermac and Tudor with the ammunition!

• Swanny

Sep 22, 2022 at 8:54 AM

Fenham

You caught my attention when you mentioned having a Wet Fish Shop in Benwell !

I’m originally from Benwell , although my part of Benwell is long gone now, early 60s i think the houses got demolished.

We lived upstairs of the house and another family lived down stairs, netty was outside down the back stairs.
    The place was riddled with mice, when me mam got the carpet sweeper out, she’d borrow downstairs cat cause the mice would skoot all over the place.
    In those day Benwell people looked after each other, they had too, they had nowt, as bairns we’d sell firewood and then spend it at the chip shop.
    I believe the Fish n Chip shop belonged to Hank Marvins mother ?

I don’t think your similar years as me self and you’d not know the houses from my way……..”Aline Street”

Gan Canny Bonny Lad

• hibbit

Sep 22, 2022 at 9:03 AM

could be wrong here but wasn’t the wet fish shop on Adelaide terrace not Elswick road ???

• cleveleysbob

Sep 22, 2022 at 9:05 AM

Love a bit of nostalgia, must be an age thing. 🙂

I lived in Benwell between 1957 and 1972. Top half of Atkinson Road, facing the derelict land that later got a health centre built on it. Great pity, it was our playground paradise as kids. 😆

• Nijmegen-toon

Sep 22, 2022 at 9:07 AM

What type of MF do we see Longstaff as, he is definitely not an attacking MF but can find a lovely pass. The MF I’d most likely compare him with is Hayden of very recent times, although it’s been said he’s too lightweight. Could we play him as the holding MF to allow Bruno to get in to his more favoured position which allows him to be more creative?

• CLINT FLICK

Sep 22, 2022 at 9:12 AM

Nij

I see him as a bit of a destroyer, with some skill and touch, he does see a nice pass… the one for Isak!

• Dubai Micky

Sep 22, 2022 at 9:15 AM

Dunno whether this was discussed yesterday but….

Newcastle United striker Alexander Isak has trained alone while on international duty after what the Swedish FA describe as a “little feeling”.

The club’s record signing, who turns 23 today, did not take part in the full session with the rest of his Sweden team-mates this morning due to an unconfirmed niggle.

Hope he doesn’t play.

• Nijmegen-toon

Sep 22, 2022 at 9:17 AM

Now Shelvey doesn’t strike me as a DM at all yet his role was described last year as a holding MF, he is listed as an CAM and DM, which to me begs the question, if Shelvey is to be used as a DM (when fit) there are much, much better players than him for that role, when do we prioritise a DM given Shelvey’s age and injury problems, Bruno’s preference to play as an 8 and the doubt that Longstaff may just not be good enough.

• Nijmegen-toon

Sep 22, 2022 at 9:22 AM

The people in charge obviously (hopefully 😀 ) know a lot more about player recruitment than us, hence Paul Dummet being kept on. They are well aware of the list of priorities needed in the squad and maybe with Bruno, Shelvey and Longstaff able to play DM/ holding MF it wasn’t seen as prioritie given Ritchie, Murphy and Fraser are in the squad.

• CLINT FLICK

Sep 22, 2022 at 9:28 AM

Nij

I feel shelvey is being adapted, to fit, atm.
    I don’t see a place for him, otherwise. He doesn’t seem to fit any particular role, to me.
    When he was all we had, it was…ok(?).
    But he’s never consistently kicked it.
    Maybe, if we’re camped out in the red zone, he can pick a pass, with time to think?
    Just don’t see him being able to keep up with the constant rough and tumble of mf in a quick game.

• Nijmegen-toon

Sep 22, 2022 at 9:31 AM

It wasn’t easy getting rid of players in the summer, Gayle had to be given away and I would imagine with a bit of undisclosed compo in his bank account. We have Hayden and Hendrick on quite long deals who we are no doubt paying a tidy % of their wages and Clark who luckily finishes this season. Jacob Murphy is on till 2027 and he’s going to have to be given away with good compo. Hopefully with a massive influx of sponsor money we can start offloading some of the deadwood that will give us a much more balanced squad.

• Nijmegen-toon

Sep 22, 2022 at 9:33 AM

CLINT FLICK,
    I don’t particularly rate Shelvey but you can’t argue that we played better when he was in the team as the win loss ratio proves it.

• Nijmegen-toon

Sep 22, 2022 at 9:35 AM

Luckily Ritchie is done this season, he might leave in January to help a team with a promotion push.

• Nijmegen-toon

Sep 22, 2022 at 9:37 AM

Are we hoping Jamal Lewis comes good, did he not have a (very) brief spell under Howe where he looked good before being injured again.