web analytics

Newcastle Announce New Long-Term Deal For Local Lad

There is some excellent news this morning as Elliot Anderson has signed a new long-term deal with Newcastle United.

Anderson has made 4 appearances this season including his full debut in the Carabao Cup win at Tranmere. He’s been pushing for his full Premier League debut with some excellent cameos in the league.

Elliot missed the Bournemouth draw over the weekend with a minor knock. His presence was missed as Eddie Howe had limited options off the bench. It won’t be long before the 19-year-old establishes himself as a regular for Howe’s team.

This is what the Geordie said about his new deal:

“I’m really happy. I love playing for Newcastle United, and committing my future to the club is something I’ve really wanted to do.

“It was my aim coming back into pre-season to work hard and earn the opportunity to stick around. I have really enjoyed being with the first team group, so hopefully, I can keep improving and contribute to the team.”

Howe kept Anderson behind after an encouraging pre-season. The teenager starred on loan with Bristol Rovers in the second-half of last season. He has already made an impact early in this campaign.

This is what the head coach said about his budding star:

“We are all delighted with Elliot’s development. He is a natural talent, but he also has an excellent work ethic and always wants to learn.

“I know our supporters will be especially pleased to see another local boy coming through from the Academy into the first team. Elliot has earned that chance, and he has set a great example to our young players.

“He is just at the start of his journey at this level but he has a very exciting future ahead and we are delighted that his journey will continue here.”

Newcastle’s sporting director Dan Ashworth added the following:

“Our strategy is not just about who we can buy, it is also about who we have and how we nurture and develop our best young talent.

“It’s crucial for the club and our Academy to provide a pathway for our young players and a belief that if they are good enough, they will get an opportunity to play.

“Steve Harper with the Academy and Eddie Howe and his staff have been brilliant with Elliot. They have given him an opportunity and some great coaching and development to enable him to get to this level.

“Elliot has shown he has the attributes to have a successful career at this level and we hope he will be here for a long time to come.”

Here is Anderson’s interview after signing his new contract during which Elliot confirms it’s a four-year deal.

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:39 AM

La-da-dah; dah-dah–dah! The Geordie Maradona!

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:40 AM

Made up for bot Elliott and the fans. Going to be great if he keeps up progressing in his development.

• Fenham to Chalfont

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:43 AM

Missed the bus…

ZG,

Not sure who Viktor Frankl is? Does he manage Brentford 😉

On a serious note ToonDarnSarf book sounds actually interesting, if I had time to read it, I actually would. Maybe when I’m next sat on a beach or around the pool on my next holiday and hopefully understand on all the thoughts and thinking of how we got here, and why we are here. Where did it all start, it was the big bang right?. But what was the force behind the big bang. What made that happen? OK I have a headache now, can tell it’s international break week, just when I’m going into a high level meeting in 20mins I’m now thinking when did it all (the universe) start and how and more importantly………By whom?

• Rotonda heights

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:43 AM

If there is just one criticism of Eddie, it is the injuries we seem to pile up to key players and mainly hamstrings. Is this down to over use, or is the fitness guy not devising appropriate training programmes. Maybe a mixture of both.

Yes we are way fitter than we were in the awful Bruce days but I now see Isak is not training with Sweden and it just seems we can’t catch a break at the moment. We can’t afford to be without St Max, Isak, Bruno, Wilson, Anderson.

The alternatives in Murphy, Fraser, Miggy, Longstaff and Ritchie shouldn’t be who we have to turn to if we have serious aspirations of making Europe any time soon. I guess everyone knows this anyway.

• ToonDarnSarf

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:45 AM

Fenham – the book actually proves the importance of having a comments policy. All groups of people require a shared set of rules or common behaviours to interact in some way. A bit like Toon fans are expected to stand up and cheer Toon goals and ideally chant. If you were sitting next to a guy who was in a suit and not getting excited, you’d say they’re weird and not trust rhem.

• Zhongguo Geordie

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:45 AM

TDS, my point is a trend isn’t 100%. There are always anomolies and I think this is one. Objective is great, but you need to see everything from all angles.

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:46 AM

Reminds me of Elinor Ostrom’s work on the global commons.

• Asi Fish

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:47 AM

Brill news for Elliot – well in lad 🙂

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:48 AM

VAR
    Virtual Alternate Reposter

All makes sense now

• Asi Fish

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:50 AM

Might have to change my name to Egypt Delight if I take this new role….

• Fenham to Chalfont

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:57 AM

Rotonda heights

#4 or maybe the players getting the injuries are made of glass. But on that basis are they being overtrained and exerted to much on the knowledge they’re injury prone?

OK laters all going into meeting

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:58 AM

Asi

Your last post has made me hungry. Not only do you have fish in your name. You also mentioned rolls.

Wey I could do with a butty nuw.

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:00 PM

I was thinking the injuries could be down to the transition of the training facility development.

Weren’t we upgrading the generation of our training surface or have I jumped long into the past with such a comment?

• Asi Fish

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:02 PM

You can’t beat a good butty Vask 🙂

Injuries may be down to putting in more effort and operating at a higher tempo?

• Zhongguo Geordie

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:06 PM

Viktor Frankl was considered one of the big three psychologists. But his famous book is an account of the qualities it took to survive the concentration camps. It’s the most inspiring book I’ve read. In a nutshell if you’ve got hope and belief you can endure anything.

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:07 PM

Asi

Chip butty with curry and batter-scraps. Yum.

On training,

It’s quite obviously more intensive now. It seemed (injury event) to conicide with that little fixture congestion a few weeks ago. So perhaps the players aren’t quite conditioned correctly currently.

• CLINT FLICK

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:07 PM

Vask

Eddie’s still moulding the squad in his image.
    Some at the club haven’t worked hard before.

• Nijmegen-toon

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:22 PM

Rotonda heights,
    I think there’s too small of a sample size in too short a space of time to make a direct correlation with Howe’s training methods and muscle injuries. Wilson and ASM are notorious for their injury records. So take away those two and compare our injuries with other clubs over the last year and I would be surprised if it’s that much different. One thing is certain though, with Ashworth ensuring that all the different departments communicate with each other, then training methods will be analysed and worked if it is shown that the current programme is causing problems.

• Asi Fish

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:23 PM

Aye Vask – good call on conditioning and even better call on that butty….BOOM!!!

• Asi Fish

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:25 PM

Someone I know from old Army days had a 10 rasher bacon sandwich….

Keeping it real 🙂

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:29 PM

Oof!

Ten rashers? He must’ve had a stottiecake to fit aal that in.

• Asi Fish

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:33 PM

Think Miggy needs ten rashers in his stottie to bulk him out so that he can run fast and smash people.

#miggymachine

• Asi Fish

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:35 PM

Do you think ASM eats sandwiches?

I bet he shook his head when he saw Steve Bruce dipping his black pudding fried bread sandwich in the bacon fat…..

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:42 PM

If Miggy runs any faster he might scorch the grass.

Was in a local newsagent before asi. So I buys mesel a 50p mix up. While paying a hears some cockney sounding tones coming from the beaded curtain which separates the front and back of house. Anyways, thinks nowt of it and continue outside to have a gan at me mixup. Wey, the first thing I grab is a fruit salad. The wrappers a bit loose but am like “ah wey” unwraps the rest of it not looking and pops it in my mouth I do. Suddenly all this horrible liquorice flavour floods me moy. Raging I march back in to the shop to have a gan at the proprietor. He apologised but blames his apprentice. He calls the kid out to explain himesl… And wey I never, Paul Bloody Merson comes oot with a vacant look on his face…

You were right asi, he does put black jack’s in fruit salad wrappers!

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:43 PM

ASM eats those cosmopolitan sarnies that don’t come with the top layer of bread but are priced like it is served on a slab of solid gold… Bloody french…

• Munster Mag

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:43 PM

Fenham, silly comment about Forest last night. A friend is a big fan, so i hear all their news. I also like them in general as a club, but that’s largely because of him and because i met Cloughie years ago and sat in his car. I’d rather see them in the prem ( and easier for Newcastle based fans to travel to) than Watford, Bournemouth etc

• Nijmegen-toon

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:44 PM

Which players to we have nailed on for the WC?
    Off the top of my head I’d say Pope and Trippier. Schar. Bruno.
    With an outside chance we have Botman and Wilson, possibly Joelinton but his lack of call up for this int break suggests no.
    This is excellent news for us, virtually a full squad rested and ready to go after the restart, add Maddison and a winger and it could be a really exciting second half of the season.

• Munster Mag

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:45 PM

Vask and Asi I think Miggy needs to find a right foot rather than a big sarnie 🙂

• lochinvar

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:45 PM

Years ago at a hotel in Aberdeen they had various breakfast options.

Continental
    English – poached egg on toast
    Full Scottish – the works with black pudding, mealie pudding etc
    The Texan – the Full Scottish with a slab of steak on the top

Try that in a bun!

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:45 PM

NYm

Isak as well. If he’s not owa injured.

• Zhongguo Geordie

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:46 PM

If Scotland qualified I’d bet on Anderson being at the world cup

• Tyran21

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:48 PM

Time to influence some, nice watch if you have nothing better to do.

• Munster Mag

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:48 PM

Nij hopefully we will start to learn to be more creative soon and get past teams like Bournemouth . In simple terms , not beating the relegation favs at home, especially as we created so little, is just not good enough. That said, its not easy without Jonjo and Bruno ( not fully match fit) and Maxi. Lobby and Miggy and Fraser and Murphy wouldnt strike the fear into many teams !

• Nijmegen-toon

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:48 PM

Vask,
    Sweden never qualified, he’s watching it from home.

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:49 PM

Ah excellent nym.

Then it definitely bodes well for our team. Hopefully trips comes back fully fit.

• Munster Mag

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:50 PM

Isak, obviously early days but needs to improve. I didnt think he came looking for the ball enough and trying to influence the game enough, given that it wasnt coming to him. Its going to be interesting to see how Eddy fits them in together.

• Asi Fish

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:52 PM

Vask – that Paul Merson is a proper menace!!!
    He put Nescafe Original signature roast in my hair when I was sleeping….worst morning shower ever!

Aye, your right Munster, Miggy does need a foot long lol

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:55 PM

Asi

That’s not all. I have it on good authority that in the office kitchen he deliberately contaminates the sugar with coffee granuals and the coffee with sugar granuals…

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:55 PM

Kammy telt iz…

• Nijmegen-toon

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:57 PM

Munster Mag,
    Have you seen Bournemouth’s results since sacking Parker, they’ve tightened right up in defence. Yes we should be beating them but it’s certainly too early to be criticising the team. We all know that over half the squad need replacing asap, we just have to let the owners get on with it. One win in seven doesn’t sound great, one defeat in seven to the PL runners up sounds a whole lot better.