web analytics

On-Loan Magpie Suffers Another Setback With Chronic Injury

It’s been a difficult period for Isaac Hayden since last December. The midfielder was forced to undergo surgery on a chronic knee problem which ultimately ended his campaign as Eddie Howe left him out of the 25-man squad for the second half of last season.

Hayden secured a loan move to Norwich over the summer which includes an obligation to buy should they achieve promotion back to the Premier League. However, Hayden has yet to make his debut after complications arose in pre-season with his knee.

Isaac was getting close to returning but has again suffered a setback. The Athletic is reporting the 27-year-old returned to Newcastle for an assessment during the international break and will be sidelined for at least another 10 days.

Norwich boss Dean Smith is still hopeful Isaac can soon play a part in their promotion push. The Canaries are currently second in the Championship behind Ciaran Clark and Sheffield United. Clark has struggled with injuries himself and hasn’t played since the second week of August.

Hayden’s last appearance was the defeat against Manchester City on December 19th. He won’t return to training for a couple of weeks at the earliest. With the World Cup break coming in early November, there is an increasing risk he will miss an entire year of football.

How Will Newcastle Do At Fulham On Saturday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• The Taco Taker

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:12 PM

TDS,

True I am not aware of what, if any, clubs have been linked with Benitez since the summer. I don’t think he did too badly at Chelsea but that was a long time ago. That all just fits in with my comment that in my opinion his best days are behind him.

• Nijmegen-toon

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:14 PM

ToonDarnSarf,
    I’m not sure why it’s fair to claim with such certainty that Rafa done a poor job in China while only think that he was offered a DoF role. The truth is you don’t know what the circumstances were in China but find it too easy to roll out the narrative that he done poorly.

• carltoon

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:15 PM

Magic, definitely!

• Nijmegen-toon

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:16 PM

Rafa is guilty of making some poor life choices, I’m glad we didn’t get him now with hindsight but would have jumped for joy had he been the owners first choice and available.

• Nijmegen-toon

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:18 PM

The Taco Taker,
    He won a EL trophy and qualified them for the CL from a poor start. I bit more than not too badly.

• Zhongguo Geordie

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:20 PM

We must be bored digging up the Hendricks and Rafa arguments haha

• carltoon

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:21 PM

In hindsight I’m glad we got Howe, though at the time he wasn’t who I wanted,
    Just in case anyone wants to check back,
    I was all for these foreign managers who I had never heard of, I didn’t need much persuading hearing Eddies words.
    And over the moon we didn’t get Lampard.

• magicmac54

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:24 PM

Zhongguo
    Geordie

I know you live a long distance away and it wouldn`t be possible to get over next week at such short notice, if that situation ever changes it goes without saying most people on the blog would be delighted to meet you fella. HWTL

• Zhongguo Geordie

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:24 PM

No need to check back Carltoon, Ive been keeping records. Apparently you wanted Souness again haha. Joking of course

• Zhongguo Geordie

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:26 PM

Yeah Magic. Pretty impossible now to travel, but I always got back home a few times a year no matter where Ive lived. So am especially looking forward to it after a 3 year break

• Nijmegen-toon

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:26 PM

Zhongguo Geordie,
    I think Hendrick-gate was quite relevant after the editors reminded us of the obscene amount of money he’s costing us. The biggest burden I feel is going to be Jacob Murphy, he’s here till 2027

• carltoon

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:26 PM

😮
    I hated Souness the first time around.

• ToonDarnSarf

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:27 PM

Carltoon – I think I preferred the promotion season under Hughton to be honest but I agree that it’s ridiculous that many of us would say 2 of our top 3 season under Ashley were in the second tier…just shows how dull it was for us just surviving in the PL…

• carltoon

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:27 PM

Why were they given such long contracts, it’s beyond comprehension!

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:29 PM

When you see the improvement in all of the players who were already at the club the smart move would have been for us to have went for Howe or Arteta when Rafa left

Rafa left us a good solid defence and one of the fittest teams in the league Bruce destroyed that within a season

But if Howe had taken that over with ASM, Joelinton , Willems and Wilson added we would have been a much better prospect

Although Ashley wouldn’t have had to give away 10k tickets with all the drama which helped get rid and he would have hounded Howe out eventually

• carltoon

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:29 PM

Oh that Season was even better, but I was talking relatively recent

• carltoon

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:31 PM

I was in the Gallowgate that season, and look what that odious man did to Chris Hughton.
    Another true gentleman.

• magicmac54

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:31 PM

Serious Question

Does anyone know the Odds on Bruce being sacked at WBA before the end of the season?

• Zhongguo Geordie

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:32 PM

I was just joking Nijmen. But I was pleased looking back to see my tips for signings are all doing well now, or at worst worth more.

• Zhongguo Geordie

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:33 PM

Magic,
    put a million on and you’ll get a million plus a penny back

• Nijmegen-toon

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:33 PM

I still admire Rafa for his time here for what he done for us and the great times in the championship and tenth place finish, basically taking our thoughts away from Ashley. But I lost a lot of affinity for him when he took that Everton job, although I still wanted him to do well. It was a poor selfish choice putting himself before any sound football reasoning, he didn’t need the job or money and should have taken a job with SKY until an opportunity with us came along or a club like Leicester. He’s tarnished now.

• carltoon

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:34 PM

All them wasted years, I’m looking forwards now, enjoying the football, not worrying continuously about relegation, and now actually getting my money’s worth,

• ToonDarnSarf

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:34 PM

Nijmegen – well, Rafa got 1.16 PPM in China, compared with 1.14 PPM for Everton and 1.48 PPM for us. All of his previous 7 roles have a higher PPM, going back to 2000.

• ToonDarnSarf

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:37 PM

Carltoon – they were given long contracts because it helps then retain their value for longer and therefore boost the valuation of the club (on paper) to justify Ashley’s asking price. Sorry for such a cold answer but I believe that’s the truth and it wouldn’t surprise people either I’m sure…Ashley to make a cold and hard business decision to the detriment of the football club…

• carltoon

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:37 PM

Nij! He lives to work, and like you say selfishly took the Everton job.
    But I don’t feel any less of him. I don’t think it could have been the money.
    But who knows.

• carltoon

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:42 PM

TDS! Yes I knew it was along those lines, but it’s horrendous to think we can’t hope to sell those players on, it’s just as well we have wealthy owners, but it will effect our dealings going Forward, or we will fi d away around it,
    We could pay them all off. 😀

• Munster Mag

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:45 PM

TDS, I know, I should learn to let things slide by. In reality Im not that stubborn at all in real life, but if I dont see reciprocation its hard to leave things lie.

For example it was suggested by one old buffoon that I thought young lasses were “fair game” , because I wasnt concerned that Pedro wud be seen as a paedo ( see what i did there) , if the Toon signed him.

I guess i shouldn’t be annoyed if a loon calls me a perv but I felt that had to be answered , but it then generated a load of heat!

• ToonDarnSarf

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:48 PM

Carltoon – yes, it’s another legacy from Ashley that will affect us for a bit longer unfortunately. Even paying them off would obviously count as expenditure so the club is better off supporting them to maximise revenue from them, either by loaning them (and getting part of their wages paid) or selling them (which seems unlikely).

• JohnJ

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:52 PM

Carltoon

Just catching up,

Sorry about your horrendous bus trip!

I have to say you have posted some really good views – I know where you are coming from and agree with what you are saying.

WLToon, I have a caravan now but find it’s getting heavy for a 78 year old. I did have a Motorhome but it was the wrong layout for us. We bought an end kitchen model but should have gone for an end lounge. If you are thinking of a Motorhome look at the various layouts before you buy. If you want a caravan I have an end bed van. I’d be looking for around £7950 for it.

• ToonDarnSarf

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:53 PM

Munster – yeah, I saw that conversation and it was just silly. I recall you saying that different cultures had different rules and it was just silly to suggest Pedro would suddenly become a paedo if we signed him. I agreed with you. The insults against you were just someone baiting you because they’re sad & lonely and wanted some attention. Sadly, you gave it to them.

Honestly, if I was in the company of someone who behaved like some do on here then I’d just leave. I literally cannot envisage a situation where I’d want to go somewhere where there is someone so objectionable there regularly. It just wouldn’t happen. In all of those situations in real life, either that person would be removed or I would just avoid them.

• The Taco Taker

Sep 29, 2022 at 4:06 PM

Nijmegen – I said “not bad” as I am trying to avoid overstating things after all the controversy caused by slipping the word “coup” into a sentence last night.

😉

Carltoon – yeah Howe was not my first choice, I wanted Rodgers or Bielsa at the time and anyone who mentioned Lampard or Gerrard to me got a stare that Paddington Bears Aunt would have been proud of.

• magicmac54

Sep 29, 2022 at 4:22 PM

I will always be greatful for what Rafa done for us as we were staring into the abyss, up the creek without a paddle, the guy give us all a sense of hope for better days ahead and for that ill always have a place in my heart for Rafa HWTL.