web analytics

Local Lad Continues To Work Hard To Reach Ultimate Goal

One of the many pleasant aspects of this campaign so far has been the steady involvement of Elliot Anderson. The local lad, who turned 20 earlier this month, has made 9 appearances including his full home debut in the Carabao Cup win over Crystal Palace.

Anderson impressed during the preseason to earn a place in the squad. He’s proven to be a handy option for Eddie Howe as his versatility has come into play. Anderson has played on the left, in the midfield, and even on the right against the Eagles.

In a recent interview posted on nufc.co.uk, Anderson said the following about his preseason and how it helped grow his confidence at his hometown club:

“It was a huge pre-season for me. I knew that when I was going back into it. From the first day, I just thought: ‘I haven’t got much time to try and stay around here, so I’ll do everything I can.’ That’s the mindset I have. I knew I wasn’t going out easy – I had to take it.

“The experiences I had with Bristol developed me both as a person as well as a player. I moved away from home and I came back into pre-season with a lot of confidence coming off the back of a good season.

“Knowing you’ve done well and thinking you almost deserve to be around the team is a better feeling than not really knowing if you’re going to be involved. It lets you crack on with the football and I think that season made me realize that I should be around it (the first team) and I could push on from here.”

For now, Howe has mainly used Anderson as an impact substitute. His two starts both came in the Carabao Cup. The youngster is determined to become a regular in Howe’s starting eleven and that desire motivates him each day.

This is what Elliot said about continuing to improve to reach his ultimate goal:

“I’ve been coming in off the bench but that’s not where I want to be. I want to be in the starting eleven. I’m still working every week to try and get more minutes and hopefully push my way through to achieve that.

“Coming in every day to train and living in Newcastle is great but I want to be playing more. I’m just missing that one feeling of being involved in the team every week and have that feeling of being a big player.

“I think it will come eventually. I’m still only 20 years old, and hopefully I will get there.”

In Anderson, Newcastle have a player who should play a massive role at the club for the next decade. He needs to look no further than Sean Longstaff as inspiration. The 25-year-old has become a consistent starter under Howe.

Anderson has the ability and drive to reach the same heights. His talent and versatility will hopefully help him eventually become an everyday starter at Newcastle United.

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:25 PM

PO getting done in by twitter/whatsapp, Insta.email etc.

2004 20 Billion letter posted
    2021 8 billion

Losing 8% per year.
    Lost £200M plus last year.

Just not sustainable.

• Darnik

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:28 PM

Actually Peter Royal mail made 756m profits last year and gave 565m to shareholders

• niafron

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:30 PM

@NY Mag

To be honnest, i’m worry. When you look at our predicted midfield…

Think Denmark will win the group, we could finish second, but will not be easy tough.

So we could play Argentina again in the round of 16, and this time, think it could be the end of our trip in Qatar.

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:32 PM

Darnick, Talking about letter deliveries.

• CLINT FLICK

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:33 PM

Darnik

It’s deliveries now, hey?
    Not letters.

What’s that fishy smell?

Red herring?
    Ok, maybe not, red?
    😀

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:35 PM

Darnik – “A loss of £219m in six months to September 2022 compares with £235m profit in the same period of 2021” from the Guardian.

• CLINT FLICK

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:35 PM

Sold off cheap to themselves, family and friends…
    How unusual!
    What could possibly go wrong?

• NY Mag

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:37 PM

Niafron,

I was just teasing you, think France is in better form than England currently.

Although, I’m looking forward to the big game next (black) Friday – my home team vs my adopted team, a few beers are on the agenda 🙂

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:37 PM

Click on 1st pdf 1/2 year. to Sept. Royal Mail (including parcels) they are losing even more this year (£219M in 1st half)

• Darnik

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:38 PM

Peter those figures are referring to stamped mail but we don’t just deliver stamped mail

• Darnik

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:39 PM

Tds
    Mismanagement as I said, how do you lose so much in a year

• CLINT FLICK

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:41 PM

Darnik

The effort to which the self-interested will go to cover it’s guilt, knows no bounds.

I’m alright, jack!

• Darnik

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:43 PM

Believe me we have more in our bags than we’ve ever had, we have mailsort and down stream access all letters or magazines so to be going from big profits to big loses something is wrong at the top

• Darnik

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:43 PM

Clint
    Exactly mate it stinks

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:43 PM

Darnik fair enough, you know a lot, lot more about the mail service than I do.

• CLINT FLICK

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:44 PM

Darnik
    Same old, say mould!

Fish rots from the head…

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:45 PM

Darnik – I don’t know. That’s a shocking reversal to be honest. But here’s another thing…what normally happens when a private company is mismanaged so badly? It’s either taken over, folds, or broken up in some way. Will the government pump in a load of money and ensure the right people are running it? Good luck. I don’t think they care to be honest. How many votes from old people are they going to lose if they don’t sort the Post Office out? Probably not many in the short term and even fewer in the medium term

Like I say, I wish you luck. Gotta know your enemy and your enemy only looks at the bottom line and votes.

• CLINT FLICK

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:45 PM

Darnik

I know posties, mate.
    😉

• niafron

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:46 PM

@NY MAG

Exciting game by the way, will not miss it.

• NY Mag

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:48 PM

Clint,

You remind me of the ‘carry-on’ films with Sid James saying “everybody out” 🙂

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:49 PM

Reading up on Royal Mail losses. Trying to find what makes sense. Increased volume of Covid test packs and parcels during that time could make sense. Probably more lucrative than bulk deals for magazines and so on. Surely the demand for printed magazines and newspapers is way down though?

Gotta be honest that most of the mail we get is crap. All bills are online these days, we get far more crap catalogues (I keep telling my missus to cancel them – sorry Darnik!) than actual letters we need.

• Darnik

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:49 PM

Tds
    Rumours abound that we’re midst takeover by a foreign company who want to break it up and cherry pick the most profitable part and neglect the rest

Clint
    I bet he’s had a moan to you too lol

• CLINT FLICK

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:52 PM

NY

Not aware of that reference, mate.
    But, if it’s about standing up for yourself, ya rights, and those around ya, count me in.
    😀

• CLINT FLICK

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:53 PM

Darnik
    😉

• jane

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:54 PM

“I was just teasing you, think France is in better form than England currently.”

Chris Sutton has predicted France to win the World Cup.

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:54 PM

Darnik – Wouldn’t surprise me to be honest. Was going to happen eventually and the Tory government would probably rather it happened sooner rather than later. Generate some funds for the public coffers and get a monkey off their back. To hell with the posties and the old folks. Trip out some excuse to try to retain as many votes as possible from the old folks but they’re probably set in their ways for voting anyway…

• Rotonda heights

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:54 PM

Lesh

I wonder how you think we’ll be better off under labour. I should think Starmer is secretly very grateful he doesn’t have to deal with a post pandemic UK, global recession and war in Ukraine.

All labour seem to do is take pot shots and criticise without ever coming up with any ideas and bona fide solutions of their own.

I am neither tory or labour but the unions will always have a stranglehold over Starmer and already well paid rail workers and others (compared to nurses) will still strike, benefit scroungers will be to the fore again and Albanian drug gangs will thrive even more.

Trouble is Starmer is centrist and the other looney lefties need to go and form a communist party but everyone knows they’d have no power at all then. No way Starmer will keep everyone happy. Back to square 1, we’re basiically – – — – under any party.

• CLINT FLICK

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:55 PM

Woo!

…and wu!

😀

• NY Mag

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:59 PM

Clint,

I wasn’t being nasty or anything, you just remind me of the old fashioned shop steward.

Total respect to Darnik or you or anybody else who feels the need to stand up for your rights. I’ve never been in a union (never been in a position where I felt it was necessary)…..so can’t comment on it.

As CH would say, it’s just a bit of banta 🙂

• NY Mag

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:01 PM

Jane,

Well, if Chris Sutton said it, it must be true 😀

• CLINT FLICK

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:01 PM

NY

I didn’t think you were, mate…no problem.

Na! Just a regular jo/e that doesn’t take shite!
    😉

• jane

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:05 PM

“All labour seem to do is take pot shots and criticise”

most people are educated these days and know this is the cause..

“post pandemic UK, global recession and war in Ukraine.”

• NY Mag

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:05 PM

Clint,

No worries mate (said in my best Kuol accent)

Just trying to give a bit lightheartedness to a pretty serious topic 🙂

• cleveleysbob

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:05 PM

TDS – you presume too much. I’m an “old folk” and I’m not set in my ways or my voting intentions. Currently I’m so p*ssing mad I’m a borderline anarchist.

Don’t make the mistake of others and think us “old folks” just need humouring and tucked away in a corner. It’s a bad look. 😉

• CLINT FLICK

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:06 PM

NY

😉

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:09 PM

cleveleysbob – I didn’t presume anything, I used several words that indicate I wasn’t talking about all old folks or making blanket assumptions. But there are far more swing voters in the younger age ranges than older age ranges. My own parents say they can’t vote Labour because of what they did in the 70s. I’ve no idea how 50 year old policies are relevant to today but they still think like that! I don’t blame the current Labour party for those days any more than I blame the current Tory party for the way Thatcher screwed the miners.

So you’re open to vote Tory, Labour, or someone else next election?

• NY Mag

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:10 PM

I can see it now……. bob’s black and white army marching on Downing Street 😀 😀 😀

• cleveleysbob

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:12 PM

What’s really funny, is Sunak who borrowed shit loads for the shutdowns and was the main man when the treasury “lost” a couple of billion to covid fraud, tries to blame Truss for everything that’s gone wrong despite her only being in the job 6 weeks (3 of which were tied up by the Queens funeral). He’s a lying snake in the grass and if anything Hunt is worse.

Neither elected, neither wanted, dumped on us by some “dark forces” behind the Tory hierarchy. Britain is being dumped on, but some of us think this is OK!!!!

• jane

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:13 PM

“I’ve no idea how 50 year old policies are relevant to today but they still think like that!”

they re-surfaced only recently under Jeremy Corbyn

• cleveleysbob

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:14 PM

Someone else likely.

NY 😀

Actually discussed the need for a new Jarrow March to save Democracy with the Mrs earlier today. 😆