web analytics

Local Lad Continues To Work Hard To Reach Ultimate Goal

One of the many pleasant aspects of this campaign so far has been the steady involvement of Elliot Anderson. The local lad, who turned 20 earlier this month, has made 9 appearances including his full home debut in the Carabao Cup win over Crystal Palace.

Anderson impressed during the preseason to earn a place in the squad. He’s proven to be a handy option for Eddie Howe as his versatility has come into play. Anderson has played on the left, in the midfield, and even on the right against the Eagles.

In a recent interview posted on nufc.co.uk, Anderson said the following about his preseason and how it helped grow his confidence at his hometown club:

“It was a huge pre-season for me. I knew that when I was going back into it. From the first day, I just thought: ‘I haven’t got much time to try and stay around here, so I’ll do everything I can.’ That’s the mindset I have. I knew I wasn’t going out easy – I had to take it.

“The experiences I had with Bristol developed me both as a person as well as a player. I moved away from home and I came back into pre-season with a lot of confidence coming off the back of a good season.

“Knowing you’ve done well and thinking you almost deserve to be around the team is a better feeling than not really knowing if you’re going to be involved. It lets you crack on with the football and I think that season made me realize that I should be around it (the first team) and I could push on from here.”

For now, Howe has mainly used Anderson as an impact substitute. His two starts both came in the Carabao Cup. The youngster is determined to become a regular in Howe’s starting eleven and that desire motivates him each day.

This is what Elliot said about continuing to improve to reach his ultimate goal:

“I’ve been coming in off the bench but that’s not where I want to be. I want to be in the starting eleven. I’m still working every week to try and get more minutes and hopefully push my way through to achieve that.

“Coming in every day to train and living in Newcastle is great but I want to be playing more. I’m just missing that one feeling of being involved in the team every week and have that feeling of being a big player.

“I think it will come eventually. I’m still only 20 years old, and hopefully I will get there.”

In Anderson, Newcastle have a player who should play a massive role at the club for the next decade. He needs to look no further than Sean Longstaff as inspiration. The 25-year-old has become a consistent starter under Howe.

Anderson has the ability and drive to reach the same heights. His talent and versatility will hopefully help him eventually become an everyday starter at Newcastle United.

• NY Mag

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:14 PM

Jane,

You are awful….but I like it 🙂

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:15 PM

I best go and put a bit of time in to this fantasy malarkey now I’m back at work and got all this time on my hands 😀

• NY Mag

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:19 PM

Howay jail,

Surely you’ve got some lightbulbs to change 🙂

That was a joke BTW….I know your knowledge and experience goes far beyond that

• cleveleysbob

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:19 PM

Here’s a typical media “trap” yesterday they were reporting that inflation was its highest for 40 years, but tax increases were worse for 70yrs.

Why are these not the same measure?

Because if they went to 50 years or more ago for the 1st measure, they’d have to include 1975 when inflation was 25% under a Labour gvmt. – Strange eh?

• Rotonda heights

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:20 PM

Tbf Sunak told truss before she was elected in their TV debates.

• Toon fans bad

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:20 PM

The Tory party have one chance of winning the next election and oddly it’s what the Brexit was predicated on – Border Control.

Fix that and they’ll still have a chance I feel. Don’t fix it, and they could be gone for a generation.

• Rotonda heights

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:23 PM

Quite funny I imagine England fans having the shakes if they have to go cold turkey without beer.

• NY Mag

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:23 PM

Tfb,

Get the aircraft carriers in the English channel and sink the bastids 🙂

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:24 PM

cleveleysbob – 40 years is enough for most people mate. It’s perfectly relevant.

• NY Mag

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:25 PM

Rotonda,

No cold turkey required with smoked salmon and champagne 🙂

• Rotonda heights

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:26 PM

They say the channel’s a big area to cover but surely they could get drones up and get the military in. pretty sure Albania is not at war and these are young men, no women or kids to be seen.

• Rotonda heights

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:26 PM

Ny

Sounds very nice.

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:27 PM

TfB – border control is a massive red herring. Other European countries take in way more asylum seekers and migrants than we do.

The Tory government have taken away many of the legal schemes for people to claim asylum from outside of the country so many try to get here and then claim asylum (for language, family, or other opportunity reasons). What the government should do better is to reject and return the economic migrants ASAP. But also ensure there are decent schemes for genuinely hard working people to get jobs here and proved they’re deserving to stay longer.

System is broken but not in the way the Tory party and supporting media like people to think.

• Novocastrian66

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:29 PM

TDS; When I was on about Thatcher’s legacy earlier. I was referring to the fracturing of the Post Office in to separate entities and the subsequent sale of it’s various guises for short term profit.
    Much like the railways, the water companies, and the energy companies.
    All done for a quick buck and we are all suffering the consequences.
    You call it capitalism, I call it Thatcherism.
    I know it’s a touchy subject and I’m not trying to lecture. I know you know but some on here may not.

• magicmac54

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:30 PM

NUFC Matters The 3 Amigos starting at 5-30 Lads

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:30 PM

Rotonda – the right wing media love to select photos of single men and claim that’s the standard migrant.

But read https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-63473022

Most applicants from single, adult men were declined. Only 14% of successful applicants were single, adult men.

Just read the facts. No opinions in there.

• NY Mag

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:32 PM

TDS,

You seem to have a fairly strong opinion on any topic that’s ever brought up on this blog?

Me, I’m completely clueless on most things…..

• Rotonda heights

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:32 PM

TDS

We have a 1000 a day coming over on Kent beaches. Imagine you’d gone for a day at the beach and you saw that. Like a scene out of Zulu.

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:35 PM

Novo – yeah, I know. 🙂 I agree with you too but I can’t see a way back now. I just can’t see it happening that a Labour government will buy back all of theses types of companies and take them public again. Some (like the PO) are declining forces, others (like the railways) need huge investment to bring them up to correct standards, and others (like energy) are churning huge profits.

I know I’m slightly to the right side of centre when it comes to unions but I am in favour of public ownership for organisations providing things for basic living standards (electricity, water, broadband, buses, health, trains etc.) I don’t know what the solution is though…and gotta find a way forward somehow.

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:37 PM

NY Mag – Hah! 🙂 I do have opinions on most topics, that’s just the way I am. I don’t think I have strong opinions on most of them though, or at least not extreme opinions. I think most topics are incredibly complicated and the people on either extreme are mostly full of shite to be honest.

What I do have a strong opinion on is the truth though. Too many people base their opinions on untruths, which just makes them pointless opinions in my view.

• lesh

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:38 PM

TDS

Having looked back, I’m happy to confirm that you didn’t refer to me a ‘far left’. 🙄

A word of caution though, if you do refer to me as far left, you’ll be invited to join the Heavy-Mob’s WhatsApp group who can’t see beyond oft-repeated and boring clichés. You’ve been warned.

• Toon fans bad

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:38 PM

NY,

I like the carrier group approach, then maybe going one further and taking France as we need the real estate for our new joiners. Then it’s just a case of training these individuals correctly and on to Germany pal 😆

• NY Mag

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:42 PM

TDS,

I was being critical, in the fact that you wade into every conversation with your opinion.

However, I wasn’t being critical of your opinion – you’re entitled to that and a lot of times I actually agree with it.

• Pottsclock

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:43 PM

To anyone who thinks we’re not in a relegation battle this year, you are wrong. We ARE in a relegation.

….it’s a battle to see whether we’ll be relegated from the Champions League positions.

• NY Mag

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:43 PM

TFB,

I like that approach 🙂

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:43 PM

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:45 PM

Lesh – better go join the WhatsApp group yourself with your false accusations and faux outrage… 😉

• Toon fans bad

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:45 PM

TDS,

Tony footin Blair opened the floodgates which led to this footin mess. If you think it’s a red herring you must be a bot 😆

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:47 PM

NY Mag – it’s a public blog right? If people want to keep conversations private, they should take them private. I go days without reading the blog and therefore days without commenting but when I’m on here, I do tend to get caught up with most conversations going on.

If you’re out with a bunch of people discussing different topics, don’t you engage on most/all of them? I know I do.

• jane

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:48 PM

lots of people risking their lives to escape France.

• ToonDarnSarf

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:49 PM

TfB – go read the actual stats.

Google it yourself. I quickly found: https://factcheckni.org/topics/europe/is-the-uk-ranked-14th-in-europe-for-the-number-of-asylum-seekers-it-processes-and-accepts/

But go find it yourself from actual organisations with actual facts.

• NY Mag

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:50 PM

TDS,

Fair comment….you got me on that one, each to their own and all that

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:51 PM

The relegation battle doesn’t seem anywhere near clear cut this year, there are a whole host of teams that could get sucked in to it.

• Toon fans bad

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:52 PM

TDS,

What don’t you footin understand?

The fact that we’re 14th in some footin table doesn’t mean it’s not a huge footin problem for our country. You’re starting to get on my nerves again!

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:53 PM

NY Mag,
    Done absolutely fook all today but couldn’t be bothered to walk over to the switch room to get on a PC.

• NY Mag

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:54 PM

Jail,

It’s November…this time last year many people had us already relegated. Tough this year, but probably Forrest are odds on favorites.

• Munster Mag

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:54 PM

I thought that clever Breexit idea was going to stop all these johnny foreigners coming into blighty ? hmmm, not sure it worked.

• Darnik

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:56 PM

Jail
    Valiant attempt to get the conversation back to football :clappinghandsemoji: 😆

• NY Mag

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:56 PM

Munster,

Don’t gloat, it’s not a good look 🙂

• Raj of Hailsley

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:57 PM

NY Mag,
    Aye, Bournemouth could falter, Everton could be in big trouble, Soton not looking too clever either, Leicester finally coming good, wish we’d played them in the beginning.