web analytics

Eddie Howe – We Dominated The Ball – A Big Win With Great Spirit

Newcastle played quite well to beat Nottingham Forest 3-2 yesterday at the City Ground, and a win is a win; we’re sure picking up 7 points from the previous 3 league games will give our lads some confidence.

We currently sit 7th in the league but we could drop down further after the results of today’s game; if West Ham get something out of their game at home to Arsenal today we will slip to 8th position.

Newcastle’s head coach Eddie Howe seems pleased with the performance even though our defense seems to be a little shaky at times yesterday.

This is some of what Eddie Howe said after the game:

“A big win, great spirit especially in the second half. We played well in the first period.”

“We dominated the ball and controlled the game but then came in at 2-2, which was disappointing.”

“I think it was a win based on real quality in the first half and spirit in the second.”

“I thought we dominated the ball in the first half and played really well. Without peppering their goal, I thought we had control of the game.”

“Second half we seemed to lose a little bit of energy, but that is where the spirit came through and where moments of brilliance; like Bruno’s winning goal, are certainly worth their weight in gold to us.”

“Bruno was playing as an 8 and then we moved him around in the game and he then scored as a 6, it is crazy how things happen.”

Lewis Miley played further back so Guimaraes could play a more attacking – box to box – central midfield role and that’s his best position because he can score goals – as he proved yesterday.

When Tonali and Joelinton are back next season it will be interesting to see what role Guimaraes will be given, but we must bring out his goalscoring skills somehow.

Two goals yesterday and only 3 goals all season for the Brazilian, but he can score a lot more goals for us if he does play as a number 8.

Our next game is this coming Saturday, at home to Bournemouth and we will be expected to win that game – but it will not be easy.

It’s a cliche yes – but very true – no PL games are easy to win.

Who Was Newcastle's Man Of The Match Against Nottingham Forest?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

What do you think?

• JaveaToon

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:28 PM

Who me? 😀

• cyprus

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:30 PM

Bills
    Brave of you to support Burn. I went a bit far, gave him MOM even though that should go to you know who.

Penalty? I think definitely not, Shearer said it was?!

Dubravka has to decide early in if he’s coming out. Probably best if he stays put?

Jane,
    You pointed out goals scored and conceded, that’s entertainers material! Think about how the score line went, last two games. We could’ve gone the easy way, just won the games after we went ahead, but that wouldn’t have been as much fun 😉

• Raj of Hailsley

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:32 PM

Mund,
    A different outlook on your own team is called bias and my whole point.

• Mund

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:33 PM

Munster

You are the thickest footer I’ve ever know to cross social media. Everyone can see through your tripe and BS

Bigging myself up for being a rock for supporting my wife when our son was touch or go to live? Eh? You really are a piece of shit that needs a back hand slap right across the chops.

He is a good lad as he followed the toon from day one not Liverpool. Shame on you

• cyprus

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:33 PM

The Pl should give 20-30 million to the most entertaining team, every season.

After all, it raises its value, more revenue.

Winner thus far? Obviously haven’t watched all pl games, but I would guess the easy winner is Nufc.

• Mund

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:34 PM

Raj

Ofc it is but like I said it’s easier to accept when it’s for you and harder when it’s against you.

Accepting it doesn’t mean you agree with it as I said it would of been soft the other way round of given but that’s the way the cookie crumbles at times and we have our fair share against us.

What about away to PSG? No corruption in that? Absolutely blatant!

• Munster Mag

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:35 PM

Can a self proclaimed Rock also be a local club deserter?

Answers on a postcard please.

Anyway I’d better stop laughing at the self proclaimed Rock, but known local club turncoat.

Ed’s blog etc.

• Mund

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:37 PM

You keep laughing matey as it doesn’t bother me one iota

I know who and what you are and I call you out for it so I expect this lowly piece of crap you become.

Talking about a local team when I live in the north east and you live in Ireland 😆

Keep em coming you comedy genius

• Munster Mag

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:37 PM

You probably wouldn’t reach my chops little one 🙂

Now go back to being a self proclaimed hero, you turncoat.

• Munster Mag

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:39 PM

Already explained that but not patient enough to read it son. Have you ever travelled outside of the Boro, beyond a day trip to Newcastle?

🙂

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:39 PM

It must be something in the water. 3 games, 2 away from home and 7 points. What does the blog do?

• Mund

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:41 PM

Munster hates the British

Munster hates the British forces

Munster hates the monarchy

Munster then decides to support a football team from England

The footin eejit!

• Munster Mag

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:41 PM

That pen could easily have gone against us, the end. To say its a stonewall non pen is own team bias. Just be glad it wasn’t at Old Trafford etc and Isak in on goal.

• Wor B

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:41 PM

Howay lads, move on.

Playing rock, paper, scissors on here is futile.

🙂

• Mund

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:42 PM

Your son supported Liverpool and it’s your favourite second team as everyone knows on here…

Two and two together and all that

• Raj of Hailsley

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:43 PM

Exactly Mund, when they go our way it’s fine, when it doesn’t it’s corruption.

• Mund

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:43 PM

Sorry Wor

Spot on

• Munster Mag

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:43 PM

You’re making a fool of yourself by sounding like Fenners puppet, little one.

Like you are sitting on his knee parroting him 🙂

Amusing image.

• Hibbit

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:44 PM

my opinion on the penalty,
    ” no penalty ” was right decision,

the strikers first touch let him down, he never gained any control over the ball after that the ball was always moving away from him, from then on he was looking for the foul to save his blushes

• Mund

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:45 PM

Raj

You’ve just cherry picked words when my point was it’s not bias if you accept it but say we were lucky to get that as it happens across football all the time and some decisions you win and some you lose. The PSG game and penalty tho that was corruption IMO

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:45 PM

Ironic, a lot less discord on the Discord site.

• Sir Pugalot, the Dutch Bulldog

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:46 PM

Bills, if still around. Now recovered from that lung infection. Waterford at 6:00 or 6:30 on Friday’s?

• Mund

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:46 PM

Munster

Next time you visit the toon let me know and we can have a pint and you can say all you’ve said today to my face. Should be fun 🙂

Enjoy your day pal

• Munster Mag

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:47 PM

You still haven’t explained why you deserted a local professional club with a decent fan base after ( apparently, ahem ) getting trials for them.

I presume if we had been crap like we have been for many of the years I’ve supported them, you wud have stayed with Boro?

So it was probably the glitz of the entertainers that caused you to desert your local football team ?

Interesting.

• Mund

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:48 PM

Spot on!

The Magpie Group
    @MagpieGroupNUFC
    18h
    In our last 5.5 PL games we have conceded 17 goals.

Until this issue is solved we aren’t going anywhere this season.

Shaun Southeran
    @Suthey1988
    NUFC lose Tonali, Willock and Joelinton and fans think we can twat teams 😆 three of our squads senior CMs out for majority of the season. Middle of the park is as weak as water meaning defensively we are under a lot more pressure and nothing we can do about that.

• Mund

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:49 PM

Who said I got trials for the Boro…? 😆

Howay Jackanory tell us another corker

Another clarification post…

I had trials at a few places and the only one I mentioned on here I can remember was Darlington as I spoke about playing with James Coppinger a former Newcastle player and Doncaster legend.

• Munster Mag

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:53 PM

Mund are you joking me. I’m not sure id want to spend part of a nice trip to Newcastle listening to you telling me about yourself lad, it’s bad enough in this format 🙂 .

• Munster Mag

Feb 11, 2024 at 12:56 PM

Anyway, better things to be doing.

Never saw that Rio Ferdinand interview with Eddie and hear it was good. See y’all.