web analytics

Eddie Howe Names Newcastle Side For Manchester United Test – Isak, Trippier Start

Tonight’s game is important for Newcastle at Old Trafford since a win could almost guarantee Newcastle European competition next season.

If we can draw the game we will finish at least 7th in the league table and finish above Manchester United for the first time ever in the Premier League.

But a win is what we need since an in-form Chelsea side are level with Newcastle on 57 points – with only 2 games to play.

Chelsea play at Brighton tonight.

Here’s the team.

Over 70% of our readers think Newcastle can win this game tonight – let’s hope they are right about that.

🙂

How Will Newcastle Fare At Old Trafford On Wednesday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Fat Basta*d

May 17, 2024 at 11:15 AM

Sports Direct has lost in court

• magicmac54

May 17, 2024 at 11:23 AM

The latest episode of The Irish Mags lads.

HWTL

• lesh

May 17, 2024 at 11:27 AM

Bard

@680

Despite my commitment to avoid commenting on certain, somewhat egocentic poster’s comments, I must say it is proving to difficult.

🙄

• lesh

May 17, 2024 at 11:28 AM

Bare

* egocentic = egocentric

• Munster Mag

May 17, 2024 at 11:29 AM

Fenners the fat narcissistic gobshite says I have “alienated” myself?

From who?

Not from the blog, given the amount of hearts my comments get taking the piss out of you or your Boro puppet , or general footie chat.

If I’ve alienated myself from you and a small group of others, I’m delighted.

More alienation please!

• lesh

May 17, 2024 at 11:29 AM

Bard

Bare?????, ffs. Time for me to get back into my box!

• Munster Mag

May 17, 2024 at 11:30 AM

I love the way Fatty said he is being namechecked when the absolute fool does the same thing a few times a day.

Utter melt.

• Saratoga

May 17, 2024 at 11:32 AM

The Ref in the Man Utd game. Penny has just dropped.
    Jarred Gillet.
    Same Ref who did our quarter final cup game away this season.
    Against Chelsea.
    No VAR in the game.
    Chelsea player should have been sent off early doors.
    Made a complete none decision.
    Retired Ref Keith Hackett said he bottled it. Called him a coward.
    Nowt much changed there then.

• Saratoga

May 17, 2024 at 11:34 AM

I don’t think we complain enough by the way.
    We should be asking for the audio of the decision as other clubs have done.
    That should make things clear.
    Did he see the contact or not.
    If no then how exactly as everyone else did.
    If yes then explain his action or lack of same.

• Bills Son Is Back

May 18, 2024 at 8:54 AM

Crystal balls Bills :}

I posted a couple of days ago my idea that VAR should operate on the tennis like system by allowing teams to challenge a decision and ask the ref to review on the monitor ie., scrap the current off field VAR officials.

Just read that FIFA are doing a trial on exactly that in a youth tournament. A team gets two review opportunities per game and if the decision goes in their favour they keep the two reviews.

I’m 100% in that this is the best way to use VAR for penalty decisions and any other incidents and keep the current VAR for goal line and offside.

1 16 17 18