PIF Ease Fears With Training Ground Announcement
- 1 day ago
- 3 min read
Updated: 11 hours ago
Concern among fans that PIF had lost interest in NUFC due to no progress on a new training facility or stadium have been eased with news that the club have completed an agreement with Sir John Hall to purchase the Woolsington Hall estate as the site for a new world-class training complex.
This announcement has come out of the blue which just shows that it is so easy to jump to the wrong conclusions when there is a lack of communication from the club on their plans.
This was the official club statement:
The agreement follows a meticulous process to identify and secure a viable site, which is situated within the Newcastle city boundary and provides outstanding links to Newcastle International Airport and existing public transport network.
The club will acquire 260 acres of land to the south of the airport, which includes a derelict listed country house and parkland.
Subject to planning permission, the site will be carefully restored alongside the introduction of new elite performance facilities for the men's first team and Academy in a scheme totalling £190m.
A formal planning application is expected to be submitted in early 2027 with a view to the men's first team moving in for the 2029/30 season.
The master plan for Woolsington Hall will also retain the flexibility to integrate bespoke women's and girls' facilities.
This phased approach ensures investment is both immediate and sustainable.
The club is committed to delivering the project sustainably and responsibly, and will work closely with the local community and local authorities as plans develop.
A long term investment that will pay dividends
PIF had already upgraded the training facilities at Benton but that still left NUFC way behind what other PL clubs could use to prepare their current squad and, just as importantly, use to attract players to the club.
Had PIF wanted to ease back on their investment the biggest sign would have been further delays in announcing a new training facilty which had been in their plans from early on.
Whilst £190M is relatively small change compared to the £1B+ a new ground or a massive upgrade to SJP would cost, it still sends a signal that PIF are looking to the long term.
That is great news for evryone connected to the club and especially us fans.
Uncertainty can lead to negativity and conspiracy theories and after the exit of our top players this news is exactly what we needed.
All we need to do now (all!) is smash it up the grinning faces of the Big 6 and hacks, defy all of the odds, and win a cup or qualify for Europe this season.
As if it were needed in the match against Liverpool...
There will be an extra little bit of bounce and roar in the SJP cauldron come Sunday afternoon.
PIF are still behind us,
Now we need to get right behind young Matthias Jaissle and his young squad.
GET YOUR SEASON PREDICTIONS IN!!
Final PL Position. Points, Goals Scored, Top Goalscorer, Player of The Season...
What's YOUR Prediction? Click below to enter...
Wor B has waived the £10 admin fee so it's FREE... while he's in a good mood.
Enter Martoon's Prediction Game (Entries close on Sunday)
Last Post: PL Stitch Up
Next Post: Two Days To Get Ready For Liverpool
Good Morning All The latest edition of the Irish Mags Show, to enjoy over a good hearty breakfast, or perhaps even sugar pops 😁 https://youtu.be/uDEiyakBIrY?si=ptkl8KJFgsL1j-yF
It's Back: And Jaissle Has Two Days To Get Ready For Liverpool
JfA
No idea who at The Guardian keeps thinking Louise Taylor is the right person to send to these press conferences.
She has consistently asked the worst/dumbest questions (sometimes not even a question, sometimes completely nonsensical) at every press conference for well over a year now haha
Nick De Marco speaks, we've not heard from him for a while:
"I often disagree with a lot of what @Sjopinion10 (Simon Jordan) says, but agree with just about every word he says here - and very well put too"
I wonder if he's been using over what could be done.
https://x.com/nickdemarco_/status/2090545538533925132
Remember this ?
Chi Onwurah MP criticised the Premier League for the delay in making a decision on the takeover bid after the Saudi-led offer for the club was withdrawn.
Well that wasn't right was it
That apart her chance is now...get a Government inquiry into the EPL cartel.
Stir the pot.